Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What happens when unexpected errands come up?

Well, today I left my house with a 101 mile range - plenty!  But I drove 35 miles to pick up dry ice and get to school.  Well, then some impromptu errands came up - and they were all far away!  Quick Chargers to the rescue!  I was at 30 miles but I had 24.5 miles to go home.  There was a quick charger just 3 minutes out of the way!  :)  We are lucky in St. Louis to have so many!  (There is not a single Tesla quick charger in the entire state.)

I went to the St. Charles Nissan Dealership.  The pricing is weird - it is $5/hour.  (Most around here are $5 per charge - the hourly rate is cheaper.)  So it cost me $1.67 today!!.




 You can access it even when the lot is closed by going in the entrance by the "Trucks" sign.  (The gate to block off the lot is just past the charger.) 




They have 2 level 2 chargers and one Quick Charger.  Bonus:  You get to charge right by a lot of other Leafs! 




There is info displayed on the "pump" as my daughter calls it while you are charging. 



My daughter helped me.  I love that you CANNOT start the car with it plugged in.  Impossible!  You can however run the a/c (or heat I assume) while charging. 


You can see your charging history at any ChargePoint station.  Here is mine!



I am hoping to focus more on the kid stuff soon.  But even when surprise! errands pop up -  I wasn't left high and dry.

Notice:  National EV Week is coming up!  The St Louis Science Center will have cars on display from 11-3 on 9-21.  Hope to see you there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment