Saturday, September 19, 2015

Several Chargers Around St. Louis - Pro Tips

Current mileage:  20778 

I am sorry I have been TERRIBLE at posting.  It has been very busy in our home.

I would like to share some tips on places to charge around St. Louis.  Here goes . .

St. Louis Science Center  (pay to park unless you are a member)
There are 2 chargers. EVie (The Electric Truck) is often parked by one charger - BUT you can still use that charger (which is a faster charger than the other one.)  See how the cord reaches.  (Dedicated EV spot.)

   


MOBot Missouri Botanical Gardens  St. Louis, MO
Enter the garden, turn right and make your first right.  The stickers on the Level 2 chargers say free for garden members - but they are free for EVERYONE!  (Use your ChargePoint card.)  With free garden days (Wednesday or Saturday) with free charging - this makes for an extra bonus!  There are 4 chargers (2 per pole).





Moonrise Hotel,  Delmar Loop
You have to pay the $8 valet parking.  The Level 2 charger is right across from the valet stand/entrance.  Charging is free and there is a 3 hour time limit.  You can keep an eye on your car from the rooftop bar!  (Or walk anywhere in the Loop . . . )


The red car on the left side is the LEAF!


Principia College, Elsah, IL
This charger is pretty slow.  I think I charged at about 4 miles per hour.  :(    I am glad, however, that they have an outlet (it is a bring your own cable).  Ask at the gate house where the charging area is located.  (How awesome is it that 2 EVs were using it!)  4 plug ins available.





What is your pro tip about charging in the St. Louis area? Comment below!

1 comment:

  1. I use PlugShare.com and PlugShare app the most. It is pretty comprehensive and lists out Telsa Superchargers, Nema 14-50 (Trailer Parks), and other types of EV Chargers. But as a Leaf owner I am not able to us the Telsa Superchargers outlined in the app or Nema 14-50 without special hardware attachment to my EVSE (the long Nissan extension cord to trickle charge). And some of the other EV Charging stations where cost prohibitive (like $20 valet fee to charge for "Free"). So I reviewed all the EV Charging sites and if was one that I liked, I clicked on "directions". From that screen you have an option to go to Apple or Google Maps. I personally like Google Maps so when it took me there I clicked on the "Saved" option from Google Maps. That means that whenever I open up Google Maps it will have a nice yellow star where my favorite charging stations are. Please note that you will have to have a Google gmail account that us can log into Google Maps before you do this.

    ReplyDelete